Sign-up for the FOTSVL Newsletter
SHOP TO HELP THE LIBRARY! EVERY BOOK SOLD RAISES MONEY WHICH GOES TOWARDS FOTSVL AND OUR MISSION TO SUPPORT THE LIBRARY.
Buy books from The Friends at the library every day!
Visit our LOBBY BOOK SALE inside the Sunnyvale Library for great buys on LIKE NEW books for all ages.
- Books are available for purchase EVERY DAY, whenever the library is open, not just on special sale days
- Most books are GIFT QUALITY
- Most prices are a small fraction of the original cover price
- The selection is refilled daily
- All proceeds from our book sales go to library programs and collections – the Friends is an all-volunteer organization.
Buy books at our special sales!
Our current sale schedule is below. All sales are at the Sunnyvale Library (665 W. Olive, Sunnyvale, California 94086).
Members of the Friends can get into Saturday sales at 9am, an hour before the sale officially begins (and an hour before the library actually opens). Membership is only $10 per year for individuals or $200 for a life membership, and you can join on the spot at every sale to get in immediately!
Note: Members can easily get into our book sales during the “members only” hour even without a membership card — just check in with the membership volunteer at the sale entrance.
Note: All of our Sunday sales are bag sales, where you purchase a large shopping bag from us for $5 and fill it with whatever books you like!
2021 Book Sale Dates (following COVID regs at the Library) Visit our Amazon Bookstore & support the Library (button below)
January 2021- no sale
March 2021- no sale
May 2021- May 15 (pursuant to COVID public health guidelines)
July 2021- TBD
August 2021- TBD
September 2021- TBD
October 2021- TBD
November 2021- TBD
Book Sale Policies/Procedures:
- You may go through the line as often as you like and may purchase up to 20 items each time.
- No stacking or hoarding – please carry your purchases with you. Books left unattended will be returned to their sale categories.
- Take your purchases to the ‘tally table’ where a volunteer will add them up, then take the ‘tally slip’ to the cashier table to pay.
- During bag sales, books are not sold individually – you purchase a grocery bag from us, then fill it up with whatever you want!
- Please remember that everyone working at the sale is a volunteer!
General Info About Our Book Sales:
Our inventory depends on donations, but we typically have a large selection of excellent books in all major categories – computer/technology, fiction, literature, children’s books, health, history, art, reference, etc. Book dealers are welcome!
We always have DVDs and CDs; we always have hundreds of paperbacks and we usually have a very large foreign language selection.
Our sales take place inside the library Program Room. To get there, go to the right immediately after coming in the library entrance door.
Members of the Friends can get into Saturday sales at 9am, an hour before the sale officially begins (and an hour before the library actually opens). Membership is only $10 per calendar year for individuals, $20/year for a family, or $200 for a life membership, and you can join on the spot at every sale to get in immediately!
Note: members can easily get into our book sales during the “members only” hour even without a membership card — just check in with the membership volunteer at the sale entrance.
The Friends of the Sunnyvale Library is a 100% volunteer organization. All proceeds from our sales benefit the Sunnyvale Library. Your purchases help pay for adult and children’s programs and many library improvements that would not otherwise be able to be made.